NOTE: The requirements below apply to students declaring the major as of fall 2020. Students who declared before then can choose between these and the former requirements (available here).
Prerequisite: successful completion of one UC Berkeley Greek course.
- Elementary Sequence (Greek 1 + 2 or Greek 15) [8 or 10 units; may be partly or completely waived via placement exam]
- Greek 100 + either Greek 101 or Greek 102; students who place out of Greek 100 must substitute another upper-division Greek class [8 units]
- Four additional courses from the departmental offerings of Greek 101-160 [16 units]
- Two of the following: AGRS 10A or 17A; AGRS 10B or 17B; AGRS R44. Preferred options are 10A, 10B, R44 [8 units]
- One upper-division AGRS course [4 units]